Good spicy aromas with hints of toasted oak, the palate is well balanced with rich blackberry fruit and currants, the mid palate firms up nicely with red cherry's and tannins that hold the fruit together for a long finish.
The Following breakdown of the four vineyards contributing the Stanley's fruit:
1. Price Vineyard: 1+ acre planting, contiguous to Spottswoode - early ripening. Low yield production with excellent sugar/acid ratio.
2. Moynier: 2+ acre vineyard in Yountville - all bench land.
3. Corbett Vineyard: 1+ acre also adjacent to the Moffett Vineyard. We planted this vineyard ourselves in 1987.
4. Gemstone Vineyard: Yountville AVA-An amazing vineyard which has 5 clones of Cabernet. Most of this wine is designated for our ultra premium Proprietary Blend.
5. Lynch: 3 acres of knoll tops high above the Napa Valley.
6. Shartsis: Continuous to Corbett Vineyard and our Rutherford Estate Property, Shartsis vineyard is approximately 2 acres in size.
Blend: Approximately 95% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Merlot.
Tons per acre: 2 to 3.5 tons per acre
Number of cases: 3,590 cases
Barrel Aging: 20 months in American and French oak (55% new
Brix it was picked at: 24.2 to 26.8